Thursday, June 26, 2014

Top 10 Reasons Why I Hate Aqua Jogging


Recently, on the way to the pool, I pondered what it exactly it was about aqua jogging that I hated so much.  So, I decided to compile a list of the top 10 reasons why I hate my daily workouts in the deep end to prove that my dislike of the activity is completely rational.

1)    I prefer the smell of my own stench to that of chlorine.
2)    My bathing suit rides up my butt.  Thank goodness no one can see you pick your wedgie underwater.  Or can they???
3)    You get invited to join the senior citizen water aerobics class.
4)    Creepy guy stares at you.  Has he never seen anyone aqua jog before?  Quick!  Run fast!
5)    Facility closes for swim meets, special events, and community swim lessons so not only can you not run, but you also cannot aqua jog…a new life low.
6)    It makes you have to pee.
7)    You don’t sweat.  Instead, you absorb water.  So, in truth, aqua jogging makes you fat.
8)    People hate you when you ask to share their lane.  They may say yes, but they are already thinking about how many times they can splash you in the face.
9)    You need waterproof mascara so when your new lane-sharing enemy splashes you in the face, it doesn’t look like you hate aqua jogging so much that you’ve been crying for the past hour.
10) No matter what you read, it is not freaking running!



1 Week till Running (Hopefully!)

This Week’s Beer Choice:  Not sure who will win the World Cup, but one winner at the World Beer Cup was a beer that I have previously referred to as the “best beer in Charlotte,” NoDa Brewing Company’s Hop Drop ‘N Roll.  I guess now I need to refer to it as the “best IPA in the World.”  Way to go NoDa Brewing Company!

Hop Drop 'N Roll at Soul Gastrolounge in Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment